Scholarship Contest 2020-2021Enter Contest
Fifth Third is committed to building financial capacity in the communities we serve.To recognize the efforts of students and teachers committed to financial and entrepreneurship education, Fifth Third will award twenty-eight accomplished students across the country with a $2,500 529 College Savings Gift Card via our scholarship contest.
Read an excerpt from a recent winner“I dream of becoming a successful African American entrepreneur… With the help of Finance Academy, I have learned so much. I have learned the importance of a budget and how I should start one. Finance Academy has also furthered my understanding of banks and how they work. Additionally, this will help me manage my money when I get older and start pursuing my dreams as an entrepreneur.”
– Kiara Fuller, Scholarship Winner, Illinois
2020-2021 Scholarship Submission Form
Did a Finance Academy course have a positive impact on your life? Did you learn something that will help you succeed now or in the future? Enter the Scholarship Contest below to share your story!28 winning students will:
- Receive a $2,500 529 college savings scholarship.
- Have their stories featured on the EVERFI blog.
ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 300-500 WORDS:
- What are the three most important topics you covered or skills that you learned from Finance Academy? Explain how each of these things will help you now and in the future.
- What are your dreams for the future (college, travel, career, etc.)? Explain how what you learned in Finance Academy will help you reach those goals.
- Do you dream of becoming an Entrepreneur? How will you connect what you’re learning in Finance Academy to the real world? Please give specific examples.
How It Works and EligibilityOnce you have completed at least one module of a Finance Academy course (personal finance or entrepreneurship), reflect on what you have learned and submit your contest entry in the form provided above. Suggested length: 300 – 500 words. This scholarship contest is open to any U.S. student in grades 9-12 who has completed at least one module of a Finance Academy course during the 2020 – 2021 school year. The scholarship contest will run in both the fall and spring semesters.
Fall semester entries must be submitted by January 15, 2021 and spring semester entries must be received by May 31, 2021.
Selection of WinnersWinners will be selected in both the Fall and Spring semesters. A committee of EVERFI judges will select the fall semester winners no later than February 1, 2021. Spring semester winners will be selected no later than June 18th, 2021. Entries will be judged based on the content of message, the quality of writing, and originality. 28 winners in total will be selected. With written approval, winning entries may be featured by EVERFI and their affiliates.
Winners will each receive a $2,500 529 College Savings Scholarship.